Like, good for you for speaking up about feminism and gender roles and sexism. Glad you are using your privilege as a celebrity to discuss these issues (albeit in a pretty basic ass speech).
But all I kept thinking when I saw all these silly articles claiming that…
- My mum makes me feel like shit a lot of the time
- Today, despite figuring out how to do some stuff, and starting work on some tasks that really needed doing, I felt adrift and at a loose end.
- I’m not sure what my motives are, regarding the care package I’m making for Emily. Her lack of contact with me is upsetting - because I’m concerned about her, but I’m worried that it is also upsetting because I want/need some recognition for this thing that I am doing. And I shouldn’t want/need that. Because it should be a kind thing for HER and shouldn’t be about me. So that’s a worry.
- I want to know why it is that so many people who I consider intrinsic to my emotional wellbeing, and who I love, and who I try to stay in touch with, are seemingly not concerned about staying in touch with me.
It feels like I fail spectacularly at everything I try.
Well, I was really hoping to make it through the day without crying. Can’t have
everything anything I guess.
Mansionair - Hold Me Down
Let’s hear it for some easily achievable, productive goals:
- search for new internships in Manchester and Bristol
- take a photo
- buy autumn candles
- practice headstands
- appreciate my friends
update: only 2 of these achieved. But that does include the most important ones. Plus had a great and surprisingly motivational chat with my sister. Baby steps.
Matthew Taylor Wilson